Research Associate (50-100%), 13 TVL With the possibility of a PhD
Deep Learning & NLP
Starting now or flexible
Are you interested in Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning? Do you want to get involved in socially relevant topics and help us fight “fake news”? Join us in developing language models and fine-tuning procedures with social relevance.
We are a young, interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and social scientists in Berlin, Darmstadt, Konstanz, Göttingen and Zurich with a focus on practice-oriented research. We are looking for a research assistant to support a research project on the automatic classification of media articles. For this purpose, we have combined manual techniques with new methods from Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. These are now to be improved, in particular we want to drastically increase the fine-tuning efficiency or in other words: we want to achieve a high classification performance with very little training data.
- Research in Deep Learning and NLP (Python)
- Development of a Classifier on the basis of annotations about media articles
- Enjoy working on novel issues and innovative solutions
- Completed a degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Have experience in Deep Learning & NLP (e.g., pytorch, few-shot & transfer learning)
- Demonstrated interest in political, social, or communication sciences is a plus
- optional: have some knowledge in Content Analysis and MAXQDA
We can vary the focus of your work depending on your interests and knowledge. Severely disabled persons will be given priority if they are suitable. (Telephone number of the representative for severely disabled persons: 07531/88-4895).
More information: www.textalysis.org & textada.org
Please send your application (including a brief cover letter, university transcripts, GitHub account, and employer references) to: Dr. Felix Hamborg, Lehrstuhl Maschinelles Lernen, HU Berlin, email@example.com